- Accelerating profitable growth.
- Further improving operational effectiveness.
- Creating a culture of sustainable improvements.
- We conduct our business with responsibility.
- Doing business competitively with integrity.
- Existence of Strong Corporate Governance across the Organisation.
- We provide quality products which deliver premium value to our customers.
- We develop relationships that make a positive difference to our customers.
Founded in 1995, Edcons Exports Pvt. Ltd. had a humble beginning with only 4 craftsmen, in a 100sq.ft workplace. which in 25 years has turned into a current force of 750 craftsmen in 5 well-equipped factories spread over 150,000 sq. ft.
Rajarshi Dey incorporated the company Edcons with four workers operating from 100sq.ft garage space. Local, outdated machines were used to assemble products.
First production unit was set up. Computer made the first entry. Ideas of expanding was conceptualised.
‘Edcons Works’ was set up. World class machines, embracing and updated manufacturing technology made its entry. Started participating in International Fairs – Mipel Fair.
‘Edcons Green’ was set up. Efficiency, speed and accuracy was enhanced.
Edcons had adopted ISO practices to instil Quality and Environment Management Systems.
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System Standard
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
Hand cut patterns replaced by CAD enabled technology. Optimum utilization of raw materials to save on cost.
SA 8000 Compliant to Social Accountability for improving the working condition, ensuring Safety Security Health and Hygiene.
Company got a corporate and an upgraded work ambiance to support talents.
Implementation of Kaizen Management
Kaizen is a Japanese hybrid work. It is a compound word involving two concepts: Kai (change) and Zen (for the better). Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) is a strategy where employees at all levels of a company work together proactively to achieve regular, incremental improvements to the manufacturing process.
‘Edcons Cluster’ was set up at Bantala Leather Complex.
Setting up of Wholly Owned Subsidiary – Edcons Italia S.r.l.